ABOUT THE TEXAS ASSOCIATION OF BLACK PERSONNEL IN HIGHER EDUCATION
The Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education (TABPHE) is a statewide, 501c (3) voluntary educational association that represents all levels of higher education and serves as a voice for minority faculty, staff, students and administrators in order to ensure a better educational system for all. TABPHE provides an avenue for professional development opportunities that enrich higher education personnel and improve the quality of their professional growth.
TABPHE’s vision is to ensure that the higher educational system in the state of Texas provides equitable opportunities and advancement for Black personnel while fostering a positive environment for minority students to successfully matriculate.
To act as a viable support for African Americans and other ethnic minorities in the educational process.
To evaluate, suggest and support programs pertinent to African Americans and other ethnic minorities in colleges, universities and communities.
To encourage and promote collaboration among African Americans and other ethnic minorities in the educational process.
To assist colleges and universities in the recruitment, placement, and retention of African American and other ethnic minority students, faculty, staff and administrators, and to cooperate in other efforts relative to upgrading the educational objectives of the institutions.
To stimulate interest in and awareness of current issues relevant to African Americans and other ethnic minorities in higher education.
To provide a vehicle for disseminating the viewpoints of African Americans and other ethnic minorities regarding access and equity in the education of African Americans (including but not limited to Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action).
To assist in and be supportive of the enlightenment and strengthening of African American and other ethnic minority programs at the secondary level geared toward college entrance.
WHO WE ARE IN CORPUS CHRISTI
TABPHE - Corpus Christi believes that human performance, increased productivity, and quality of life are enhanced through the sharing of individual experiences. Higher education personnel are rich in experience, knowledge and skills that play a vital role in helping educational institutions address key goals for achieving success. TABPHE - Corpus Christi provides a statewide vehicle for a diverse, multicultural workforce to learn, share, direct, lead and influence our educational system and serves as a support network for students of African descent promoting higher education, student enrollment, retention, tutoring and networking through the Village initiative.
1. To act as an advocate for Blacks in the educational process.
2. To evaluate, promote and support programs pertinent to Blacks in colleges, universities and communities.
3. To encourage and promote collaboration among Blacks in the educational process.
4. To assist colleges and universities in the recruitment, placement and retention of Black students, faculty, staff and administrators.
5. To stimulate interest in and awareness of current issues relevant to Blacks in all aspects of higher education.
6. To provide a vehicle for disseminating the viewpoints of Blacks regarding education, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
7. To assist in and be supportive of the development and strengthening of Black student programs at the secondary level.
8. To cooperate with all institutions of higher education in Texas in pursuit of these objectives.